Governments & Community Organizations
Share reliable vaccine information with the community you serve using the resources below.
*these materials cannot be used for unsolicited door to door activities.
For Local Governments & Community-Based Organizations
Use this toolkit to share vaccine info.
All South Carolinians 5+ are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
This toolkit is designed for staff of county and municipal governments and local organizations serving communities affected by COVID-19. These include social service, faith-based, and school organizations, YMCAs/YWCAs, senior centers, and more. Use the resources here to share accurate information with your community members about the COVID-19 vaccine.
Ways to promote COVID-19 vaccination in your community
- Adapt the CDC's key messages about vaccines to fit your community. YOU are the expert on how to communicate effectively with the people you serve.
- Lead from the front. If you have yet to get vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to do so and to share your decision with others.
- Acknowledge and listen to your community's concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Invite a local trusted physician or pharmacist to share science-backed information about COVID-19 vaccines at a community meeting or on video.
- Send an email to community members/residents using DHEC's prepared template, available below.
- Share information about the vaccine on social media and invite fellow leaders and community members to do the same.
- Print and display one of the posters provided below.
- Share DHEC's COVID-19 factsheet. Use it as a handout or share via your email list or newsletter.
For community leaders
Send an email to community members
Use our email template to share information about the COVID-19 vaccine with members of your community. Send with our COVID-19 vaccine fact sheet or social media graphics.
The following social media captions and graphics are for use on your local government or community organization's social accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn. You can also encourage members of your community to use these assets to share information about the COVID-19 vaccine.
Right click on any graphic to save and download for your own use. You can find additional social media resources in our general Vaccine Toolkit.
Caption Option #1
Have you gotten your COVID-19 vaccination yet? Everyone age 5 and up can receive a safe, effective vaccine free of charge. Find a provider near you at scdhec.gov/VaxLocator #VaxSC #NotThrowingAwayMyShot
Caption Option #2
Getting vaccinated for COVID-19 is an important way to care for yourself and for the most vulnerable in your community. Schedule your appointment ASAP. Find a vaccine location near you at scdhec.gov/VaxLocator #VaxSC #NotThrowingAwayMyShot
Vaccine Social Media Assets
Want to share the good news that you've been vaccinated, and encourage others to do the same?
Access the banners, badges, filters, and other social media assets we have available, and then apply them to your profiles.
COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
Share this simple PDF fact sheet about COVID-19 vaccines with your community members/residents.
COVID-19 Vaccine Posters
Help spread the word about COVID-19 vaccines. Print one or more of these posters and hang them up where your community members will see them.